Pros & Cons of Selling a Home During the Winter
Many homeowners considering selling their homes around the holidays may be scratching their heads and asking these questions:
- Is the housing market slower this time of year?
- How can I schedule showings around our busy holiday schedule?
- Do I really have enough time to fix my house and have it ready to sell?
- What if we don’t have the money for home repairs?
Good news! Yes, the market is slower during the holidays, but the home buyers that are out there mean business! Nobody want’s to be endlessly going to showings when the weather is bad. Thankfully, the internet helps buyers in this process. Many home buyers begin their research online, prior to scheduling showings.
Additionally, the number of properties that are on the market this time of year is drastically less. Since 2014, home inventories have diminished 15% from November to December. If you wait until the spring, you will face a flood of other properties on the market and deal with more competition.
3 Top of Mind Tips for Showing a House
- Coordinate – Showing your property can be a bit challenging. With the in-laws staying upstairs, you will need to coordinate getting them and the kids out and the property cleaned up in time for your showings.
- Clean -Showings are random, and sometimes can pop-up unexpectedly. Make sure you keep your house tidy, so you are ready at a moments notice.
- Calculate – Many homeowners simply don’t have the money to put into their house to get it ready for the sale. Buyers in the winter time may not want to spend time repairing the property, replacing carpet and painting the walls. Many want the house to be move-in ready!
Jack Frost Icing Your Spirits?
If you’re still worried about selling your house in the winter, contact Summit All Cash today for a no obligation cash offer! Selling to Summit All Cash during the winter comes with many advantages:
- No Showings! – The in-laws and kids don’t have to go anywhere, and best yet, you don’t have to clean!
- No Repairs! – Summit All Cash factors in repairs to the property with our Cash offer. You don’t have to fix a thing.
- No Waiting! – Summit All Cash can close in 7 days or less, meaning all you have to worry about is what’s on the menu for Holiday dinner! Sell your house and move on with life.
- No Closing Costs or Commissions! – Summit All Cash takes care of the closing costs, and you have ZERO commissions to pay! Contact us today for a no obligation cash offer, and take the stress out of the holiday season.